Do you want to add SSL to your website ? CloudFlare is giving free SSL for all its users !
In this article, I will be teaching you guys on how you can add CloudFlare flexible SSL on your WordPress blog. Its totally free !
- You must make sure your website already uses CloudFlare. (If you want to add a free SSL onto your website, you must register at cloudflare.com and you must make sure your domain has been parked onto cloudflare DNS)
- You need to create a Private Keys (KEY) , Certificate Signing Requests (CSR), Certificates (CRT), Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS) in cPanel > SSL/TLS Manager. If you don’t know how, please check the video below:
Once you have created the KEY, CSR and CRT in cPanel, simply login to your wordpress.
- Install CloudFlare Flexible SSL plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/cloudflare-flexible-ssl/)
- Once installed, you will then need to install Force SSL plugin on your WordPress (https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-ssl/)
- Now make sure CloudFlare Flexible SSL plugin and Force SSL plugin are both activated
- Now go to Settings > General
- Now change WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) to https from http and click Save Changes
Thats all, you have successfully added a free SSL onto your wordpress blog :D.
Things that you should note:
It takes 24 hours for NEW websites on CloudFlare to have a free SSL by CloudFlare !
Please make sure all clouds are orange color in your CloudFlare DNS settings. If you see Gray clouds, please click the Gray cloud icon to make it orange ! Example:
I hope you learned something from this article. If you have any questions, feel free to comment. This article has been written by me (Haider Ali Khan @ www.HaiderK.com).
UPDATE: Dedicated I.P was not needed to use Cloudflare SSL, sorry for my mistake 😀